Friday, May 11, 2012

Keisha

Mother’s Day is Awesome
It was a cool, hot, boring day. Sometimes I really hate going to school but my mom says I need a good education. The only reason I hate being in high school is the school dances. Every time I go I am surrounded by a lot of people. I know I am popular in all but I do need need some alone time for myself. Soon we will be having a mother’s day dance. We would bring our mom and dance, sing, but mostly have fun. For me I knew something was going to go wrong.
           My life is full of luxurious things but my life is not always luxurious. I get whatever I want when I want it. That’s because I am the only child. My mom says there are still rules when you are 15 but I don’t think so. There is only one reason why I hate the school dances. That reason is every time there is school dance, everyone ask me about it. They ask me if I’m helping out with decorations, food, music, or anything else a dance would need. I know I am a great dance and party planner but I have to plan everything.
My mom usually makes a list of things we would need for the dance and hold a school board meeting to see who is buying what. My mom is a very nice person though. Everyone in the school call her by her last name, Mrs. Haywood, or mom. My mom is a founder to everything that goes on in Cleveland High. No one has anything against her because if you do everyone will think you are a bad person. When it comes to a secret crush my mom has a whole different attitude. Unlike other mothers she would think it’s sweet and then would judge him.
I do have a crush and his name Brandon Wilmore. He is the hottest guy in my class though he is a bit childish. He planned the dance since he is a momma’s boy. He is also cute, sweet, and funny.
“The dance will be held on Friday” Brandon announced.
    “ We are not going to have enough time because today is Wednesday” I said.
“ I know but Mother’s Day is on the 13th and I don’t want to have it next week.” He added “ I don’t want to celebrate it late”
“ That does make sense though so we will have to act fast.” I said happily.
We quickly left class after second bell. On Friday we had everything put up. It was beautiful thanks to me and Brandon and I. We were still waiting for the caterer to arrive with our food and drinks. The cake was going to be here at seven. Everything was ready and I was so excited. My mom told everyone to be there before eight so we could get a head count of all the moms there. She always had something extra for every occasion.
Everyone was excited for the dance but I was afraid of the snacks not being there on time. When it was time for the dance everything was perfect and everyone was happy. When I got home I was tired and sleepy from all the dancing. My mom was glad nothing everything went as planned

No comments:

Post a Comment